One thing I always advocate and think is important to spend time on is my fitness. Not only for the obvious reason of my physical health (duh), but working out gives me the best stress relief. Exercise is my own personal form of therapy and I truly believe it's vital for not only physical well- being but mental well-being too.
I love trying all different kinds of workouts - whether it be an Orange-theory or Soul Cycle class, going for a run by the beach, or just doing sit ups in front of my TV at home. But I also totally get that life is busy and sometimes you can't schedule a workout class or time to go for nice, long run. I definitely have more than less of these days but I never want to compromise on my fitness which is why I have a go-to HIIT workout I want to share with you guys! All you need is a treadmill and 30 minutes.
I was gifted the Misfit Vapor Smartwatch by Misfit Wearables which not only does the normal things a smart watch does like track steps and calories but it also displays my heart rate which is crucial when you're doing a HIIT (high-intensity interval training) workout. I want to make sure I'm constantly getting my heart rate to go up and down during this kind of a quick workout in order to burn more calories in a shorter amount of time which my Misfit Vapor Smartwatch makes so easy to do!
QUICK HIIT WORKOUT
Walk on tread for one minute - I go at 3.0 speed, 1.0 incline, followed by a three minute jog at 5.0 speed, 1.0 incline (you can adjust this accordingly to your own jogging pace)
- Run on treadmill for two minutes at an accelerated pace - something that's do-able but challenging so you're working up your heart rate now. I go at 7.5 speed, 1.0 incline (again, adjust this accordingly!)
- Now sprint as fast as you can for 30 seconds so you can get your heart rate up to max intensity - I go at 9.5 speed, 1.0 incline
- Walk for 1 minute to let your heart rate come down now at 3.0 speed, 1.0 incline
**REPEAT THIS CIRCUIT THREE TIMES**
The second circuit I get off the tread and do some workouts on the floor
- 60 jumping jacks
- 20 hip thrusts
- 14 V - ups
- 30 bicycles
**REPEAT THIS CIRCUIT TWO TIMES**
The third circuit I get back on the tread for the last ~5 minutes
- Jog for 1 minute (5.0 speed, 1.0 incline)
- Run at an accelerated pace for 2 minutes (7.5 speed, 1.0 incline)
- Sprint for 30 seconds, (9.5 speed, 1.0 incline), followed by a 30 second walking recovery (but feel free to walk a little longer if you need to catch your breath and work your heart rate back down)
I finish my workout by either holding a squat or holding a plank for 1 minute. This usually concludes about 30 minutes of working out.
The combination of these circuits shows me a good pattern of constantly increasing and decreasing my heart rate on my Misfit watch which is what I want to see after a quick workout.
And be sure to stretch after you're finished!
*Note: The Misfit Vapor Smartwatch was gifted to me, but all opinions are my own.