SO I'm really excited to be starting the beauty category on my blog with this first post! Just like styling outfits, I think playing around with make-up and beauty products is a fun way to easily change up your look from day to day, depending on your mood.
I've always considered myself a bit of a beauty guru (and by beauty guru, I mean I frequent the aisles of Sephora and Ulta a LOT), and love discovering/trying new make-up trends and products. After years of experimenting with different brands, types of make-up, and styles, (aka spending way too much money I don't even want to think about LOL), I've narrowed down my favorite products that I love and want to share with you guys because they both last throughout the day and give me good payoff where I'm getting my desired look/color/etc.
I had a photoshoot today, so I thought I'd kick off my beauty category with my "photoshoot" look aka a full face of make-up that would be ideal to wear to special events, dinners, or when you just feel like getting a little dolled up.
Scroll down to see all the products I use to achieve this look!
1. Smashbox Iconic Photo Finish Foundation Primer: Whenever I wear foundation, I like to use a pea-size amount of this foundation primer to ensure my make-up stays put and doesn't melt off throughout the day (or a photoshoot for that matter)
2. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer: This is one of those holy grail products I use daily to cover up my dark circles and any bags under my eyes. It helps with little blemishes here and there as well. Definitely an item I stock up on. (I use color: Light Neutral)
3. Stila Aqua Glow™ Serum Foundation: I don't wear a liquid foundation everyday but I really love this one when I wear a full face of make-up. It's water-based so it doesn't give you that heavy, caked on look that a lot of foundations tend to do, and it goes on really smoothly and gives you a dewey, glowing look. (I use color: Tan)
4. Tarte Confidence Creamy Powder Foundation: This is a nice and light powder foundation I use daily. I like to layer this on top of the Stila liquid foundation when I go full glam as it sets the foundation and gives a flawless looking finish. (I use color: Light-Medium Neutral)
5. Benefit Stay Don't Stray Eyeshadow Primer: Just like the face primer, I always use this eyeshadow primer when I'm wearing eyeshadow. This stuff does exactly what its name says it does! No color fall out or that annoying crease on your eyelid an hour after applying eyeshadow which is amazing for all day wear. (I use color: Light/Medium)
6. Too Faced Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Collection Palette: This is the fun part! I love trying on different eyeshadows and all the colors/looks you can experiment with. This palette is also twice the fun cause it literally smells SO good -- just like peaches! I like the array of nudes, peaches, pinks and browns in the palette too to give a nice glowy, sun-kissed look. (I used colors: Nectar on my inner corners and brow bone, Caramelized on my crease and outer edges, and Bellini as the base on my entire eyelid).
7. Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kôhl Liner: This is a great basic daily liner that you can use to create thick or thin lines. It's also self-sharpening so you get that perfect point every time! (I use color: Raven - black)
8. Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara: I've probably experimented with every designer and drug store brand of mascara there is so it seems I always have a new favorite. I'm currently using and loving this one by Bobbi Brown. It elongates and gives volume to your lashes so you can get that look of falsies - perfect for a more glam style.
9. Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Matte Lipstick: This is probably my favorite matte lip color. It goes on wet, dries instantly in a nice silky, matte finish and doesn't crack at all! It also lasts all day - even through my (multiple) iced lattes. I have it in three different colors but I used color: Sell Out for this particular look.
10. Elizabeth Mott Whatup Beaches Matte Bronzer: I love this bronzer and use it everyday - even when I wear no foundation. I am paranoid about getting wrinkles so I apply a daily moisturizer with SPF 30 in it, which sometimes leaves my body looking a little tanner than my face. This bronzer is great to use all over to give a natural tanned look for such circumstances. I also used it to contour my cheek bones a bit for this particular look!
11. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer: I always say brows make or break your look. I could leave the house with absolutely no make-up on but I'd still want my brows done and this is the one and only product I'd need! This pencil is great as one side brushes and grooms your brows, and the other side fills in with natural looking color. I particularly focus on the beginning of my brows and my arch as those areas I like more defined and have less brow hair there. (I use color chocolate).
12. IBY Beauty Highlighter, Bubbly: I discovered this brand through my IPSY make-up subscription and I totally love it! It gives such a nice, dewey glow. The peach color also compliments that sun-kissed look I like to achieve. I put it on top of my cheek bone and brow bone.
13. Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray: When I'm entirely done with my look, I like to spray this setting spray all over so I don't melt or smudge my make-up once I leave the house. I spray 4 times in an 'X' motion across my face.
14. Smashbox Always Sharp Lip Liner: This is a great last step I like to layer on top of the Too Faced Melted Matte lip color to make my lips look a bit more fuller for a photoshoot. I don't use this daily but it definitely helps me achieve a more glam look when I want it. (I use color Nude Medium).
Let me know if there's any other products you guys swear by and think I should try!