I'm a huge fan of jewelry - specifically statement earrings. They can seriously take a tired or repeated outfit and turn it into a completely new look in one step (lazy girls rejoice). When it comes to shopping for these pieces, I look for different textures (think tassels, beaded designs), colors (deeper, jewel tones go great with black, and bright, neon colors look great with whites), and how much use I can get out of them (hoops I could wear everyday, whereas the more embellished pieces I want to pair with an outfit for a night out). I've rounded up my five favorite statement earrings below. Scroll down for links to shop plus my suggestions on how to style them!
1. Vanessa Mooney Zelda Hoop Earrings: I like how these take the classic hoop earring and turn it into something extra. I would wear these with distressed medium washed denim, a plain white tee, and my hair pulled back in a low pony tail.
2. Elizabeth Cole Aussie Earrings: These are SUCH a splurge but so much fun. I love the combo of different textures on the hoop, and the rich colors. I would pair these with a LBD for a fun girls night out and a coral-red lip to match the red flower in the earring.
3. Sarah by Sarah Nouri Statement Earrings: These rich, jewel toned statement earrings would be perfect to wear into fall with chunky sweaters and suede over the knee boots.
4. 8 Other Reasons Cosmo Earrings: I've seen cosmic-inspired prints and jewelry everywhere this year and I hope it's here to stay. These could be dressed up or down with jeans and a tee or a dress for date night.
5. Baublebar Gabriele Ombre Fringe Drops: Tassel earrings are my favorite kind of statement earrings for sure. They're just fun, and give your outfit a little bit of Gatsby-inspired flair that I'm all about. These pink ombre earrings would look so fun with a white or nude palette and a pink lip to match. Definitely at the top of my wishlist!
P.S. The earrings pictured above that I'm wearing are from Free People. I couldn't find them anywhere online but try in stores - they have a selection of Dolce & Gabbana inspired, baroque pieces right now that I'm obsessing over!
Do you guys have any go-to boutiques, stores or online shops for jewelry? Leave me a comment and let me know!