One of the most aesthetically pleasing holidays is coming upon us! Whether you have a special someone in your life or are doing your own thing right now, that certainly doesn't mean you can't celebrate it doing something fun and different. Let's be real - dinner reservations get old sometimes.
Scroll down for my 6 date ideas that don't suck for both Valentine's and Galentine's day! (Or both, because who says celebrating love has to be limited to just your partner or your girlfriends!?)
FOR YOU AND YOUR LOVE
1. Something Simple and Romantic: I think there's something so romantic about someone taking the time to prepare a nice meal for someone else. It's a super simple gesture yet always appreciated and who doesn't love homemade food? Prepare their favorite meal + dessert, add a bottle of wine or craft up some yummy cocktails and surprise them! Or better yet, make an activity of it and make something you can have fun cooking or baking together like homemade pizzas (Trader Joe's has a really good cauliflower crust if you're gluten-free like me FYI). It's an intimate way to spend the evening and you can avoid the hoards of crowds that go out for dinner.
2. Something Fun and Unexpected: I think dates where you go do something interactive are always a good idea. Something like mini-golf, go-kart racing or bowling are all fun activities that give you quality time with your date, give you a chance to flirt and be playful by showing your competitive edge, and are a great way to make some memories with each other.
3. A Twist on a Classic: Instead of the regular dinner and movie, vamp up your Valentine's date with a wine tasting and going to a museum or a show at the theater. I think wine tasting is a great way to wind down and enjoy your evening while catching up with your significant other. There's also something very romantic about trying different wines together and getting a little buzz on. If you can't find a place near you that does wine tasting, you can also do a DIY wine tasting at home! You can then Uber to a museum or a play at the theater for a fun activity! I personally love going to see plays and would always prefer this (it can get a little pricy but you can always search for cheap seats).
FOR YOU AND YOUR GIRLFRIENDS
1. Movie + Cocktails: I don't know about you guys, but some of my favorite nights have been spent with my girlfriends over homemade cocktails and some funny movies. Apple TV the classics (Clueless, Mean Girls, The Heathers) and make my easy skinny marg recipe below:
Shake with ice:
3 tablespoons silver tequila (I prefer Milagro)
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1.5 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
1 teaspoon agave nectar (I prefer the Trader Joe's organic Blue Agave Sweetener)
Strain and serve with lime and kosher salt on the rim!
2. Spa Day: This is literally my favorite thing to do - Galentine's Day or not. Book a massage for two and relax with your best girlfriend. I've done this with girlfriends multiple times (followed by a glass or three of champs). You can usually find a good Groupon for this too!
3. Go for a Hike: I love getting out and exercising and there are so many beautiful trails around California that it seems like a no brainer to go out on a hike and catch up with a girlfriend. Too cold where you are to hike? Try a fun workout class like an Orangetheory or Soulcycle class. And then go out for a glass of wine!
How will you guys be celebrating Valentines's day? Let me know in the comments below!
P.S. This dress is sold out and I can't find it anywhere! I've linked it here just in case Revolve gets more in stock. Check out my other Valentine's Date outfit options below similar to my style worn here below!