You guys have probably figured by now how much I love Fall fashion. Yes, all the cold weather accessories and excuse to wear over the knee boots gives me life. But, to be completely honest, sometimes I feel in a fashion rut.
There's a formula you see on Instagram that every blogger/influencer/girl wears during this time of year and it's typically a sweater, leggings/jeans, and boots with some kind of scarf or hat (PSL usually in hand). And while I love this look and am totally guilty of sporting it as well, I get kind of bored with it which makes me SO excited to share this outfit with you guys and talk about some different yet subtle trends you can incorporate into your fall look to break away from that Insta mold.
Scroll down to see these trends, how to style, and my fav picks to shop!
1. Stripes: I'm currently really digging anything striped. I love the bold colors of this Free People sweater set I'm wearing, as it gives me 70s retro vibes (shop here).
- This toned down black and white striped dress is perfect for the office (shop here)
- This flirty, bell-sleeved top is really cute for a night out with skinny jeans (shop here)
- Channel your inner beetle-juice with these super cozy pajama pants - pair with a strappy heel and a tucked in tee for a fresh take on a girls night out outfit (shop here)
- Wear this colorful sweater dress with some cognac over the knee boots for chic and funky outfit to take. you into the cooler months (shop here)
2. Fisherman's Caps: I'm sure you guys have seen this Brixton Fisherman's cap I'm wearing all over your Insta feed this fall and it's for good reason (shop here). The retro style of these caps ironically gives a fresh twist to Fall hats (instead of the wool fedora), and seems to go with just about everything. This one tends to run big - I'm wearing size small and it fits perfectly.
- Experiment with colors - swap the classic black hat I'm sporting for this wool one that comes in a light grey and mustard yellow. This would look perfect with bell-bottom jeans and a mock neck sweater (shop here).
- Attention to detail - Incorporate leather details in your outfit with a leather band on this cap. Rock this with faux leather leggings and an oversized knit sweater (shop here).
- Play with textures - Stray away from plain old wool material and try new materials for this cap like this one that comes in denim. Pair with a plain tee tucked into a suede skirt and some booties (shop here).
3. Metallic Accessories: I really love the funky edge a pop of metallic color gives to my outfit, like with this silver and white Tory Burch cross-body bag I'm wearing (shop similar here). I. think because there's so many neutrals, dark colors, and jewel tones that go into fall fashion that having a metallic pop of color with silver or gold really adds some contrast and makes your outfit stand out.
- Take this pretty rose-gold metallic cross-body for a night out in place of your usual black or brown cross-body (shop here).
- Step up your shoe game with a silver version of the slip-on Gucci dupes everyone has been wearing lately. These would look so cute with some black denim and an oversized sweater or tee for a casual day look (shop here).
- Switch up your everyday bag you wear to work with this roomy tote in this pale gold color that would go perfect with mustard yellows, burnt oranges, deep wine reds, and rich hunter greens. Basically all the colors of your Fall wardrobe (shop here).
- Sometimes the bag itself doesn't have to shine, but the details can. This little Sam Edelman cross-body is adorned with sparkly details and would be so cute to wear out in place of a plain cross-body with denim, dresses, whatever! (shop here) Plus it's very reminiscent of the Prada Cahier Bag which I'm actually obsessed with, and comes with a way more affordable price tag!
What do you guys think of my trend report? Any favorites you're going to incorporate in some of your Fall outfits? Let me know in the comments below!