Since we just passed the unofficial start to summer this past MDW, I am so ready to bust out my summer wardrobe, including anything flowy and floral! I love bright colors, so this red floral maxi from Auguste was calling my name. I'm especially digging the off-the-shoulder trend right now with everything (later, tan lines).
As much as I love maxi dresses, I always feel the need to pair them with some sort of heel or wedge. I'm 5'5, so it's not like I'm that short, but I swear every maxi I try on just drags on the floor. Also before you say it, I am way too lazy to go get anything altered unless it is for a special event (anyone else with me on this!?)
Luckily, these camel Dolce Vita heels are the perfect mix of casual summer sandal and heel, so I can get the height I need without compromising how easy going and casual this dress is. I also love how this maxi has two slits on the side, so I can walk around without feeling like I'm tripping over myself...and besides, who doesn't like showing off a little leg.
I pulled together my outfit with Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick (in biscotti). I'm such a fan because unlike other matte lip colors, this one won't crack or smudge which is perfect for summer BBQs and pool parties if I'm going to be eating! (And that 'if' is a definite yes).
I've also rounded up my top 5 flowy (aka: can drink all the rosé you want and not look bloated) dresses for summer. Scroll down to see with direct links to shop!
1. This forever 21 maxi. It's floral, off-the-shoulder, and has a cute crochet detail. I'm sold. Plus you can dress it up which is nice for summer weddings!
2. This urban outfitters midi dress. Flowy enough to wear to dinner and not feel like your food baby is poking out, yet the low cut button up feature still makes it sexy so you don't feel like you're wearing something shapeless. And also this tropical floral print makes me want to book a trip to Cancun. Like now.
3. This vici collection wrap dress. Wrap dresses are hands down the most flattering dresses in my opinion as they accentuate your waist so I'm always a fan when I find a good wrap dress. Plus the midi length of this looks like you can pair it with heels OR flats! Win-win. I need it.
4. This Zara button-up mini. The floral print is adorable, and it's a dress you can wear from the office to happy hour with just a change of shoes and accessories. Easy-peezy.
5. This H&M o-t-s midi. This dress just screams summer to me. I love the vintage feel from the polka dot print and the longer, flowy skirt. Wear this to dinner, drinks, BBQs, and everything in between.
Happy unofficial start to summer everyone! I can just hear the rosé pouring...