I've seen a lot of other bloggers do an 'about me' list, and being a brand new blogger myself, I thought it'd be fun to give everyone a little glimpse into who I am behind the outfit posts. So here goes! Scroll down to read 25 Things About Me.
1. I'm 100% Persian. I always get asked what my ethnicity is and I will ask people to guess before telling them, just cause it's funny to see what they think. I usually get some kind of Mediterranean or Latin American country.
2. I'm absolutely terrified of snakes. Like I know most people are, but I can't even look at a picture of one on the computer or my phone. I will legit scream and have a mild panic attack. They just creep me out so much. Ick.
3. In addition to the blog, I work full time at an insurance agency. There's definitely some good business sense like email etiquette and time management that I've noticed I carry over from one profession to the other.
4. I got stung by a sting ray on my foot when I was fifteen. And still have the scar to prove it! You think being a San Diego native, I would know how to do the sting ray shuffle when swimming in the Pacific, but nope. PSA everyone: do the sting ray shuffle if you go in the water!
5. I broke my arm when I was only three. Apparently I was a very adventurous toddler and liked to climb up on things, which once caused me to fall on my arm; hence broken arm. My poor parents.
6. I cannot drink red wine. I always get some kind of weird allergic reaction to it, which unfortunately I had to learn the hard way. Good news is, white wine and rosé are still completely OK. And thank God, because rosé is my favorite!
7. I decided to move to Paris all by myself. I was twenty years old and it was to study abroad for a few months. I literally spoke two words of French, didn't know anyone going, and not going to lie got a little scared about where the hell to go once I landed. I'm SO happy I did it though.
8. I really don't like crowds. I'm not sure if this is something that came on with age (ugh), but I'd prefer to go to a fun bar that's more low-key than a big crowded club. Don't even get me started on music festivals. I went to Coachella like four years in a row, and the most recent year I went was probably my last for a while. It's unfortunate cause I love all the music and festival fashion...but I also need my personal space. Anyone else? #onlychildproblems
9. I'm twenty-five. And about to be twenty-six in a month! That just kind of freaks me out a little knowing I'll be closer to thirty than I was to twenty. Time, please slow down.
10. Fleetwood Mac is one of my all time favorite bands. I'm going to see them next month, and on my birthday at that! SO excited.
11. I love old films. My mom introduced me to them when I was little. Just to list a few of my faves: Singing' in the Rain, Penelope, Gone with the Wind, Niagara, My Fair Lady, Breakfast at Tiffany's (pretty much every Aubrey Hepburn movie).
12. I mainly shop online (see point #8). A few of my favorite places to shop are Revolve, Planet Blue, Shopbop, Amazon and Vici Dolls. Also I feel like you get such better variety when you shop online, and you can do so in peace in PJ's. With your rosé (most importantly).
13. I'm a bit of an introvert. Therefore, I can't stand small talk. Like, it's a legit pet peeve of mine. Is that normal?
14. My doppelgänger is apparently Jojo Fletcher. A lot of friends, family, and the receptionist at my hair salon have told me I could be Jojo's twin. (She was on the bachelorette for those non bachelor fans). I'll take it as a compliment because I think she's gorgeous!
15. I'm happily single. I think so many girls my age are worried about finding a boyfriend to get married and settle down (and I've been there). And nothing wrong with that if you've found your person! But you should never settle is my personal mantra. And for now, I'm really enjoying all the growing I've been doing on my own, which I think is hard to do if your focus isn't 100% yourself. It's cliche but I've found it to be very true.
16. I love to run. I absolutely hated running as a kid, and pretty much all throughout my teen years but in adulthood I've come to love it. It's such a stress reliever and I love seeing how much faster I can improve my time by. It's crazy to me that I've even ran a few races. I'm one of those people! Who would have thought.
17. I don't like mushrooms. I love trying new cuisines and I've even eaten escargot and cow tongue when I was studying abroad so it's not like I'm picky by any means. BUT. I absolutely cannot deal with mushrooms. Hard pass.
18. I love anything spicy. Like the hotter, the better. I'm one of those people that finds a way to incorporate Sriracha in most my recipes.
19. I love traveling. I've traveled to quite a few different countries, seven to be exact (France, England, The Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Mexico, and Turkey). But I've never really traveled that much throughout the U.S. Other than California which I don't count cause I live here, I've only been to five states (Nevada, Hawaii, New York, New Jersey and Illinois). I need to get out and explore more of the U.S.! Road trip anyone?
20. My first job was as a barista. I was in college and worked at the Coffee Bean.
21. My first crush ever was Leo DiCaprio. I think I was like 6 when Titanic came out? Lolol.
22. I went to UC Santa Barbara. I graduated in 2013 with my degree in Psychology.
23. I love dogs. I had two growing up and desperately want one but am literally so busy I don't think it'd be fair to the puppy if I couldn't give him or her enough attention. Definitely a future goal.
24. I want to go skydiving. I'm scared to do it but, I've heard it's the best thrill/high/feeling you can get! 2017 bucket list maybe?
25. I have two tattoos. They're personal and representative of my family and culture. I absolutely love them but purposely got them in places that could be easily covered for professional reasons.
I hope you guys enjoyed me ranting on about myself. Anything you want me to elaborate on or any other questions you have? Leave me a comment!