Being a blogger and documenting my daily life/fashion/travels on the world of social media, sometimes it can be hard when your Instagram feed doesn't necessarily align with your personal life. Let me elaborate.
Sure, my Instagram feed consists of pictures of me in my favorite outfits, fancy cocktails, fun vacations, and random little things I find pretty like flowers and decor, but these are the best parts of my life that I want to share and document with my followers and readers. I will be the first to admit that there are plenty of days I'm just in a sh*t mood and want to shut off my phone and not deal with anything. Whether it's stress at work (rushing to meet deadlines is an everyday occurrence), trying to navigate relationships (online dating apps are the wooorst - insert eye rolling emoji here LOL), making time for family and friends (when you just wanna Netflix and pass out on the couch), and just about any of the other things life can hurl your way, it can definitely be hard for me to keep it together sometimes.
Getting super personal here -- but I'm not afraid to admit I've struggled with anxiety, and while it's not something that affects me all the time, it's something than can definitely bring me down. Luckily, I've discovered a few ways to turn my mood around on these days and put together my five favorite tips to beat the blues. Scroll down to read!
1) Move: This may sound like a cliche, but I've noticed nothing clears my mind quite like a good workout does. I love to go to Orangetheory Fitness classes, go for a run by the beach, or even just walk around my neighborhood when I feel like my anxiety is building up. Moving around not only clears my mind, but gives you a natural mood booster - endorphins! (I tried hard to not quote Legally Blonde here LOL)
2) Play Some Good Tunes: I'm a huge believer in the power of music and its ability to instantly change your mood! I have a million different playlists on Spotify I use for everything from getting ready to driving to working out, and even one for when I'm feeling a little down. My go to artist is anything Stevie Nicks or Fleetwood Mac.
3) Talk It Out: This is so important. Sometimes when you're not having the best day or something is going on, it's so important to talk it out and just hear your thoughts out loud. This can help me reassess a situation or just vent out whatever is irritating me. I'll always FaceTime my best friends, or I even think talking to a professional could be beneficial if you need a third party perspective.
4) Treat Yo' Self: As Tom Haverford and Donna Meagle would say, treat yo' self! (any Parks and Rec fans out there?) Something as simple as getting a manicure, buying something for yourself you don't necessarily need, or just indulging in a treat can be a mood booster on those less than great days.
5) Pursue Your Passions: So this isn't necessarily a quick fix tip, but I've noticed having a passion you can work on and pursue is a good big picture goal to focus on when you lose sight of things. For me, it's this blog! I really look forward to creating content and writing, so publishing a blog post for me makes me feel good. Whether your passion is cooking, photography, or a particular sport, whatever it is, I think having these hobbies is a very important outlet to boost happiness.
It's a little hard for me to sometimes be super vulnerable and put it all out there that life isn't perfect like my Instagram feed may be, but I just want to be real on my blog and talk about everyday things with you guys, including things like this.