One thing that I love about fashion is how styles are constantly changing and evolving, but then at the end of the day - you see most things make a come back. I love how a few years back the hippie/boho styles from the late 60's and early 70's made a comeback. Jumpsuits, bell sleeved tops, funky prints, lot of florals and oversized round sunnies just to name a few (and I'm so happy they did because these are all staples of my style I love to wear to this day).
Another recent trend I've seen everywhere this Summer is the distressed denim skirt. I remember my middle school and high school days in the 2000's when these were all the rage to wear (you, everyone you knew and their mother had one of these denim skirts from Abercrombie). It seemed like people slowly stopped wearing them though and the craze for denim mini skirts was dead for good after 2008/2009.
I personally always loved wearing them as an alternative to shorts on hot days (which is like 85% of the year living in Southern California), so you can imagine my delight when I saw them slowly being incorporated in stores and worn by influencers this past Spring and Summer. They're easy to throw on, perfect for a casual weekend outfit, and they make you look cute. Win win in my book. Scroll down to see my top 5 fave denim skirts to shop right now.
1. This Lulu's Denim Skirt: This is a great, basic denim mini to pair with everything and anything. It even comes in a lighter wash and other colors!
2. This Express Beaded Denim Skirt: The beaded detailing on this one combined with the distressed look is so cute! Great way to dress up a basic black or white button tee.
3. This Urban Outfitters Button-Front Skirt: I love the button front details on this one and the fact that it's high waisted. Pair it with a cute crop top and you're weekend ready.
4. This Zara Embroidered Denim Skirt: I love floral and embroidered EVERYTHING. Paired on this denim mini makes it even better. I would style this with a navy and white or black and white striped tee.
5. This H&M Denim Skirt with Lacing: I love the lacing detail throughout this mini that gives it somewhat of an edge. This would be great with a tucked in tee, or a black mock-neck crop for a night out.
What are some of your guys' favorite trends that have made a comeback lately?