1. Bates Nut Farm (Valley Center): This is by far my favorite pumpkin patch in SD, as I go every year! They have it all - a straw maze, hay ride, petting zoo (with the CUTEST baby goats), of course a huge pumpkin patch with every different kind of pumpkin you can imagine, and tons of food vendors. They also have a huge general store where you can stock up on cute, custom decor, all the candy in the world, pumpkin flavored everything, and a specialty chocolate/fudge counter. You'll definitely spend some money here but worth it.
2. Whaley House (Old Town): The Whaley House is located in the midst of all the delicious Mexican food in Old Town, and is supposedly America's Most Haunted House. The house is very important to San Diego, as not only the Whaley family used to live there, but it was the County court house, SD's first commercial theater, and home to various businesses making it a historical landmark. Now it's a museum where you can go visit the house on a tour and hear the story of the Whaley family. I recommend going on Halloween for a fun spooky activity - their tours are open until midnight for Halloween!
3. The Fall Festival at Fort Cross Old Timey Adventures (Julian): I love visiting Julian from Fall through the Holidays because it feels like you're being transported away into a small little town from the Olden days. This Fall Festival includes a pumpkin patch, pumpkin painting, petting zoo, hayride, and cider pressing (Julian is known for their apples!). You really can't get more Fall than that. While you're up there, go walk around town for a slice of the best apple pie.
4. Hitchcocktober at the Angelika (Carmel Mountain): If you guys haven't been to the Angelika movie theaters yet, you need to go! It's a luxury movie theater with comfortable, reclining seats, a full bar, and a delicious dinner menu (I recommend the burger with a craft beer!). Aside from how fun the theater is to go to in itself, they are playing Hitchcock movies all October to get you in the Halloween spirit. I love horror movies so this is definitely a no brainer event for me.
5. Boomont Park (Mission Bay): Belmont Park is a San Diego favorite with fun rides and carnival activities right by the beach - but during October it gets transformed into Boomaunt Park for a Halloween twist. There's a pumpkin patch and crafts you can do here but my personal favorite includes all the delicious junk food like pumpkin spice funnel cake, caramel apples, and pumpkin spice lattes. Definitely going to need to put in overtime at the gym after this place.
Any cool Halloween or Fall events around San Diego I missed or I need to go check out? Let me know in the comments!
P.S. The links to shop my outfit are below. Be sure to size down in the dress, it runs big!